Got some crazy ideas that you want to see thrown together into short stories and the like?
Wondering if you can give a writing challenge too difficult for an author to accomplish?
Bring it on!
We’re going to have a monthly feature called “The Writer’s Challenge”. You brainstorm the story elements, you choose the story elements, and I write the short story. This will be written from a Christian world view, so I thank you ahead of time for keeping it clean (inappropriate posts will be deleted). Here’s how it’s going to work each month, using December as our first example…
1) I’ll begin by starting a blog for “Foundation Week- December”. The first week will be dedicated to brainstorming, and any related material needs to be presented as a reply to this. This is your opportunity to post your story elements, whether they be elements you think are cool or elements you think I don’t have the skills to handle. Feel free to include any of the following:
• Mood (funny, serious, adventurous, etc…)
• Genre (fantasy, modern, sci-fi, etc…)
• Plot elements
• Items (weapons, possessions, animals, relics, etc…)
Please use headings for your choices so I’ll have an easier time gathering them. If you have something that doesn’t fit under one of these categories, you can use the heading “Other”. Please do not comment on other posts, there will be opportunity for this later. Any ideas for the month must be posted before the week ends.
2) At the end of the first week I’ll gather the ideas and post them by section in the new blog “Thru the Fire- December”. Here you will have the opportunity to vote on the best idea in each section, and leave any additional comments that you want to share. Please remember to be respectful to all other posters. Voting will close at the end of the month, so be sure to get in there on time and make your voice heard.
3) After “Through the Fire Week” ends the results will remain available for all to see. I will then spend the rest of the month crafting the best story I can from the top voted elements in each category. The finished story will be posted by the end of the month, along with a poll for rating the story. As the next month’s challenge gets underway, make sure to read the previous month’s story and tell everybody how you think I did with voting and comments.
That’s it! Make sure to tell all of your friends; the more participants we have the more creative I will have to be. If we grow large enough, I will add in prizes for participants and maybe even showcase opportunities for guest authors.
So… who thinks they got what it takes to stop the ink from flowing?